In the late 1990s, Advanced Medical Optics (AMO) introduced its first multifocal IOL designed to provide multiple points of focus, thereby dramatically reducing the need for bifocals or trifocal glasses after surgery. Today, with its many optical design enhancements, AMO’s third-generation Tecnis Multifocal IOL ™ provides patients with a full range of vision and greater independence from glasses or contact lenses than ever before. Clinical studies show that 92% of those receiving this technology “never”, or “only occasionally,” need to wear glasses.1
With TECNIS® Multifocal IOL:
- High level of spectacle independence(1)
- Nearly 9 out of 10 patients NEVER wear glasses(1)
- Nearly 90% of patients are able to function comfortably without glasses at ALL distances(1)
- Excellent patient satisfaction(1)
Spectacle Usage (1 year)(1)
Ability to Function Comfortably Without Glasses(1)
Distance corrected binocular near visual acuity at best distance (1 year)(1)
1. The TECNIS® Multifocal 1-Piece IOL Advantage
*In the average cataract patient
1. Terwee T, Weeber H, van der Mooren M, Piers P. Visualization of the retinal image in an eye model with spherical and aspheric, diffractive, and refractive multifocal intraocular lenses. J Refract Surg. 2008;24:223-32. 2. Zhao H, Mainster MA. The effect of chromatic dispersion on pseudophakic optical performance. Br J Ophthalmol. 2007;91(9):1225-29. 3. Mainster MA, Turner PL. Blue-blocking IOLs decreoase photoreceptin without providing significant photoprotection. Surv Ophthalmol. In press. 4. Nixon DR. New technologies for premium outcomes: next generation phaco and TECNIS 1-Piece IOL. Presented at 25th Congress of ESCRS; 2007 Sep 8-12; Stockholm, Sweden. 5. TECNIS Multifocal Foldable Acrylic Intraocular Lens [package insert]. Santa Ana, Calif: Abbott Medical Optics Inc. 6. Miyata A, Yaguchi S. Equilibrium water content and glistenings in acrylic intraocular lenses. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2004;30:1768-72.
TECNIS Multifocal Foldable Acrylic Intraocular Lens [package insert]. Santa Ana, Calif: Abbott Medical Optics Inc.
Learn more about cataract surgery.